On reserving an IP address for a computer connected to the Tplinkwifi.net router and the LAN creating a LAN network, the computer would receive the same IP address every time that is reserved and specified to connect to the DHCP server.
However, to configure the permanent IP addresses on TP-link router for the computer, follow the steps here to configure Address Reservation on the TP-link router.
- Launch a default web browser supported on your computer.
- The computer should be connected to the TP-link router with an Ethernet cable at the LAN port.
- Key in default TP-link router login web address tplinkwifi.net in the browser’s URL bar.
- Alternatively, use the default IP address http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 of the TP-link router default gateway into the address bar.
- Press Enter for TP- link login.
- As the TP-link router login page appears, fill the default login username and password in the respective fields.
- The default TP-link login username and password should be admin in lower case.
- The web based management setup page of the TP-link router appears.
- Click on the DHCP option of the setup page menu.
- Select Address Reservation under DHCP settings.
- Followed by, click the Add New button option.
- Type the MAC address and specify the IP address in the Address reservation entry fields.
- Select the Address reservation Status below the addresses as Enabled.
- MAC Address: This should be the address of the connected computer on which you want to specify and reserve IP address.
- Reserved IP Address: This is the specified IP address of the computer that is reserved by the router and should be assigned to the computer.
- Status: The status of the Address reservation entry should either be enabled or Disabled, but to reserve the IP address on TP-link router you must enable it.
- Click on the save button to save the reserved IP address settings.
Following the reservation of the IP address on the TP-link router via tplinkwifi.net login, the computer whose MAC address you entered above would always receive the specified IP address whenever it connects to the TP–link router.
For more details, Visit our website https://www.tplinkwifirouter.net/.
Why should you use reservation on DHCP?
As the DHCP Servers support s a “DHCP Reservation”, it is something that allows the users to specify a pre-set IP address to a particular client device as per the specified MAC address. Reservation on DHCP basically allows the client device to receive the same IP address that has been reserved and assigned for always.
How to select if DHCP or reserved static IP is a better choice?
The assigned DHCP address is the demanding option for most as it is more reliable, secure, easier and cheaper to be used. Whereas, assigning a static IP tends to be quite toil and time-consuming, it is entirely on your usage and preference on which address to be reserved.
Is it possible for two devices to have the same IP address?
Two devices such as computers cannot usually have the same public or external IP address if connected on different routers, whereas, two devices connected to the same LAN code obviously share the same public IP address as well as have different private or local IP addresses.
How to Log into my TP-link router?
TP-link router login requires navigating through tplinkwifi.net login domain address from the web browser, which directs to the login page. After keying in essential TP-link login information, you log into the web based management setup interface of the TP-link router.
Why does my TP-link router keep changing the specified IP addresses?
This could be due to expired DHCP lease time that has been assigned to your IP address. As the TP-link router’s wifi ISP changes their network settings, these changes show up as changed IP addresses.