At present, Inuit’ QuickBooks is becoming popular with its advanced features helping small-scale and medium-scale firms, and start-ups. It has an interface that is quite user-friendly that enables the QBs users to track managerial tasks, employee records, managing inventory storage, and making financial reports and tax bills. It is becoming an asset for everyone around the world related to the work of management and accounting. Still, a lot of users are unsatisfied with QuickBooks as they have been facing many bugs, errors, technical glitches, etc. Today, with this article, we will be keeping our focus on one such error: Quickbooks Error 6190 and 816.
This error happens because of some technical issues in the Quickbooks software. We will be discussing the causes for the prevalence of this error and the ways on how to fix this Quickbooks error 6190 816 quickly. Be with us to learn and we are now starting with the topic for the day.
Quickbooks Error 6190 816: Introduction
Quickbooks Error Code -6190, -816 is a technical glitch that can be witnessed with an error text quoting QuickBooks was unable to open the company file on the hosted computer. This basically will not allow you to access the QuickBooks company file.
Now we have a general idea of this error and we will be going on to learn about the reasons behind the error.
Quickbooks Error 6190 816: Causes for Occurrence
Many reasons can be found behind the existence of this error in your computer system. Read the list below to learn more.
- The mismatch happening between the company file and the transaction log file.
- If the QBs company file has the extension format .qbw .tlgfile. This file type cannot be switched into a company data file.
- In case you try updating the QBs company file on a different system then you will encounter this error.
- If you are accessing the QBs company file in the Single user mode.
- Damaged or corrupted Quickbooks-related files.
This list will assist you in avoiding this type of error from being encountered in the future. You are in need to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6190 and we are here for your rescue with quick easy solutions given below.
Quickbooks Error 6190 816: Solutions to Fix
Below we have given a few solutions to help you in fixing the issues that you are facing while operating QuickBooks. Learn more by reading the solutions below.
Method 1: Using Quickbooks File Doctor (QBFD)
- Firstly, you will have to go to the official website of Intuit and start downloading the Quickbooks Tool Hub.
- After the tool has been successfully downloaded, install it in your system.
- Now, select the company file with issues.
- After this, tap on the green-colored button Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- After a few minutes, the scan will be completed and the errors will be resolved.
Method 2: Renaming the Company File
- Firstly, you have to search for the company folder and open it.
- Now lookout for the company file. The company file and the TLG file will have the similar name but different extensions such as company_file.qbw.nd and company_file.qbw.tlg
- Start renaming the QBs company file. add the extension old at the end of the file name. For i.e company_file.qbw.nd.OLD
- Perform a similar process for the transaction log file.
- Choose the option Exit.
- Lastly, check whether the QuickBooks Error 6190 816 still prevails in your system.
Method 3: Using the Single User Mode
- Firstly, you are required to restart your computer system.
- Except for the source-destination, you have to copy the data file to another location in your system.
- After this, copy all the data files back to the original source location again.
- You are required to log in to the Quickbooks software by filling in the login details.
- Lastly, you have to switch to use the single-user mode window.
Quickbooks Error Code 6190 is a technical error that can be seen with a text stating QuickBooks was unable to open the company file on the hosted computer. We have tried our best to provide you all the valuable information related to Quickbooks Error Code -6190, -816 from its causes to the solutions for troubleshooting it quickly.
In case this error is still prevailing in your system, then you can contact the QuickBooks customer assistance team via call, emails, chat, etc. available 24×7 worldwide.
You will also like to know: Why Malwarebytes Not Working on Windows 10