Linksys extender setup allows you to establish an extended network connection from the source router with broader wifi coverage, and higher speed. Let us look into ways of Linksys extender setup with manual configuration to connect with Linksys extender manually or with automatic configuration by the setup wizard via extender.linksys.com login.
Connecting with Linksys extender
.You must connect your computer or other wireless device to the Linksys range extender’s wireless network either over a wired/cable or wireless connection.
2.The Linksys extender setup is best advised over an Ethernet cable — wired connection, where the Ethernet/LAN cable should be fixed at any of the available LAN ports on both ends.
Linksys extender with setup wizard (via extender.linksys.com)
- Attach the Linksys extender’s power adapter to a power outlet.
- Turn on the Linksys range extender.
- Let the power LED status turn blue.
- Launch a web browser on computer or other connected device receiving Linksys extender’s wifi network.
- Enter extender.linksys.com as Linksys extender login default domain address in the address bar.
- If any login error is faced over extender.linksys.com, use the default IP address 192.168.1.1 in the Address bar instead.
- The Linksys extender Setup screen is directed by default on the screen on first time Linksys extender login.
- The setup wizard guides through Linksys extender setup process showing onscreen instructions.
- Select your wireless network, if you are trying to extend dual band network, you must see both 2.4 and 5GHz network bands on displayed list.
- Enter the wireless network passphrase for router’s selected SSID.