Digital marketing is one of the most sought after professions and is in very high demand nowadays. But, it is also important to note that people are looking to hire digital marketing expert, not the newbies. But, there is nothing to worry about as becoming Digital marketing expert is not difficult.
All you need to do is to follow some guidelines, dedicate your time in learning and practicing. Mostly, the digital marketing experts have knowledge about SEO, Social media, websites, and the most of the things that are required in digital marketing.
You may be interested in reading more about other things you may consider. Here are a few important ones:
Define Your Digital Marketing Objectives
Marketing is always about achieving something, and it’s not worth it if you don’t measure the results of your marketing campaigns. So, first of all, clearly define your objectives for your digital campaign.
Below are some examples, how you can define your Digital Marketing Objectives for aligned with your digital marketing plan regarding your online digital properties.
- Increase 20% organic traffic on the website by end of the calendar year
- Get better rank position on Search Engine Result pages for certain keywords by the end of the financial year
- Sell 10% more products in the last quarter of the calendar year
- Increase the time visitors spend on the website by 2 minutes
- Get more backlinks to the website
- More items/articles shared via FB or Twitter
- Generate 15% more leads on the website in the last quarter of the calendar year
- Get more blog comments
- Add more useful links to blog posts for the benefit of the readers
- Get more social shares on the blog posts
- Drive newsletter subscription from blog
- Get more leads by offering “ Free eBook” downloads
- Increase the blog readership by 10% in the current calendar year
- Get 10,000 more fans on your Facebook Page by the year-end
- Increase engagement rate by at least 10% in the next six months
- Get more people to sign up for the webinar through Facebook
- Sell directly from Facebook
- Send more traffic to your website from Facebook through daily posts and offers
- Get 10% more followers
- 5% more mentions/replies
- Try to get more Retweets
- Send more traffic to your website
- Develop new contacts
- Create a prospect list from the contacts to communicate and engage with
- Generate 200 new leads and convert them into customers/partners
- Change the perception of your company from negative to neutral, neutral to positive
- Get more mentions of you on Twitter, Facebook, discussion forums, blogs, digital PR websites, News, etc.
- Persuade the customers to write reviews about the company and their experiences with the brand
- More focus on PR, and issue press releases for the events happening in the organization
These are all general objectives, but if you have done digital marketing before for your company based on the data you can put in specific numbers to achieve through the digital marketing campaigns. Create proper objectives, or S.M.A.R.T Goals, and keep measuring your progress periodically.
Brand Strategist – How You Can Become One
How to Become SEO Analyst: A Step By Step Guide
What Are the Benefits of Digital Marketing
SEO Best Practices to Grow Organic Traffic
How to Start a Career in Digital Marketing
How to Get Started with SEO – A 2020 Guide
There are many other interesting and informative topics that can help you in your journey. You can check them all on Digitoly Consulting