Guide about Visa Options That Graduates Must Know

Have you obtained your degree of graduation until recently? If the reply is yes, then Australia is awaiting you to ensure a prospective career for you ahead through its graduate visa options. Some of these visa options include the visa subclass 485, subclass 407, the student visa 500 to name a few. Each of these visa options is beneficial for international graduates in some way or the other. Hence, given below is a comprehensive information about some of these graduate visa options for career enthusiasts like you, and, how to optimize each of them in the best possible way.

  1. The Visa Subclass 482

International applicants who want to work in Australia temporarily can now apply for the visa subclass 482. But, there are a couple of criteria which you will have to meet without a failure in order to apply for the said visa successfully. This requires you to hold an international graduation level degree comprising the duration of at least 2 years and not less than that. Besides, you must also possess a minimum work experience of at least 2 years in a full-time, or else if you were working in a part time post, then, the duration of your work experience must at least be of 4 years.

Also, the occupation for which you have been chosen should be included in the Short term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to become eligible for the 482 visa. If you are someone, who wants to obtain a permanent residency in Australia, then this particular visa graduate visa option is right for you. However, you can only apply for a permanent residency after having been worked with your Australian employer for the next 3 years.

  1. Visa 407 (Training Program Visa)

The visa subclass 407 has been designed specifically for those who want to undergo a session of a substantial professional training program in Australia. Since, this is a temporary visa, it allows you to work in Australia for not more than 2 years. If you want to apply for the visa subclass 407, then you have to be nominated by a valid Australian employer, who has officially invited you to partake in a substantial professional training program of Australia. This visa lets you enhance your knowledge and skills in your chosen field or sector to a reasonable extent.

  1. Subclass Visa 457

Have you graduated recently, and, have acquired some specific skills and qualifications via that as well? If that is the case, then the visa subclass 475 is the right choice for you. With this visa, you can work in Australia temporarily for a maximum period of 4 years. If you wish, you can also bring some of your family members to stay along with you whilst staying and working in Australia with this visa. In order to become eligible for the visa subclass 457, an Australian employer must select you for a specific occupation compatible with the skills and qualifications which you have obtained post the completion of your graduation.

  1. Visa Subclass 485 (Temporary Graduate Stream)

Once you have completed your graduation either from Australia or from your home country, and, want to stay, work and study a certain academic course whilst staying in Australia, then applying for the 485 visa must be the mere choice, you are left with. Furthermore, this particular visa is comprised of two individual streams i.e. the Post-Study Work Stream and the Graduate Work Stream. The former allows the applicant to work, stay and study in Australia for 2 to 4 years whereas the latter lets the applicant do the same for  18 months at the most according to his/her individual skills and qualifications. However, before applying for the temporary graduate visa 485, make sure that you have chosen the right visa stream, or else you may face a sudden rejection/cancellation of your visa.

  1. The 491 Visa

Well, after you have completed your graduation and wish to make the best use of your graduation level degree, then apply for the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa 491 right now. When you are holding this visa, you can work in Australia for the next 5 years. Moreover, this visa also opens the pathway of a permanent residency for you in Australia after you have spent the first three years in the nation with your 491 visa. If you want to become eligible for this visa, then, you must be nominated by a substantial Australian state/territory by of any of your eligible family members. Submission of an Expression of Interest to a specific SkillSelect is also an essential criterion which will have to comply with in order to get invited to apply for the 491 visa successfully.

Why choose Australia?

No matter that whether you have finished your graduation through the student visa 500, or from a recognized college/university of your home country, you can unhesitatingly apply for any of these graduate visa options mentioned above. The only reason for which Australia has designed these visa categories for it overseas applicants is simply to give them an opportunity to stay and work in Australia, by making the best use of their skills and qualifications. Some of these visas even ensure a permanent residency in Australia for you to stay in the country for the rest of your life. All you need to do is to meet the individual criteria of each of these visa categories properly, thereby, obtaining your graduate visa in a successful manner.

Get in touch with the best migration agent in Adelaide!

So, if you are also planning to stay and work in Australia either permanently or temporarily, then a skilled Immigration Agent Adelaide can assist you with this in whatever way you want. After hiring any of these immigration professionals in Adelaide, you don’t have to worry about the entire application procedure of your graduate visa as your migration agent will do everything on your behalf. Not only this, your migration agent will also suggest you the best visa option in accordance to your current skills and qualifications. Hence, it’s time that you also apply for any of these Australian graduate visas as soon as you finish your graduation.