Can you imagine using biodegradable and reusable cups? Yes, there are new inventions that will blow up your mind. These bamboo fiber mugs are recyclable and biodegradable, leaving no trace in the environment like other cups. Sounds pretty cool, right? It is highly durable and best for your party or outdoor events. Moreover, if you have a coffee shop, then these bamboo fiber cups are the go-to option for you.
In this blog, we will discuss the unusual coffee mugs to make your work easier and keep your environment safe and healthy. Let’s find out whether the trend of using these bamboo cups is worth it or not!
Why not paper coffee cups?
You may be thinking that why bamboo cups, why not plastic or paper cups? What wrong with using paper cups? They are also quickly disposable, biodegradable, and recycled so, why not paper cups? What’s wrong with it? These paper cups are comprised of a thin layer of laminate, which is coated with a thin layer of plastic.
So, they can only be used once, not more than that. Worldwide 16 billion coffee cups are being used, making single-use mugs a no for environmentally conscious people.
How long do bamboo cups last?
Bamboo is a natural substance that needs no chemical and fertilizer to grow. They are produced in a considerable amount and are one of the most environmentally friendly crops. These bamboo cups are made from bamboo melamine and resin, which make them durable and eco-friendly. These bamboo cups are biodegradable as they last approximately one year to break down, which far less than plastic and other cups.
But why bamboo fiber mugs, then? How is it different from paper?
- Biodegradable: Bamboo fiber mugs are cause no harm to the environment. They are capable of decomposing pretty rapidly under natural conditions.
- Sustainable: Bamboo is the world’s largest growing crop, and it has been harvested on a large scale without using fertilizers. Moreover, it has a powerful growing system than the trees and is more sustainable.
- Eco-friendly manufacturing process: they have an eco-friendly manufacturing process as they require low carbon dioxide and are low energy-consuming. Bamboo produces more oxygen and reduces 35% of carbon dioxide from the environment, making it an eco-friendly choice. These bamboo coffee cups are also petrochemical and plastic-free.
- Though bamboo coffee mugs have a similar look to plastic and paper cups, they are not like them. There is nothing plastic layer as it is non-GMO cornstarch and resin, making it a durable, leak-proof, and hard cup. Moreover, they don’t add the plastic and paper taste to your coffee.
If you want a durable, eco-friendly, and sustainable cup, then bamboo cups are ideal for your home and shops.
Any downsides to bamboo coffee cups?
However, there are various heavy-duty variants other than bamboo when it comes to recycling cups. You must know these drawbacks to bamboo cups before using them.
- Bamboo coffee cups are durable, but they don’t last long as their counterparts contain stainless steel and hardened glass. But if you treat them properly, they can last for a longer duration.
- Some people ask Can you put bamboo cups in the dishwasher? No, you cannot, as bamboo coffee cups aren’t dishwasher-friendly. But if you buy from an excellent quality bamboo cup manufacturer, they are maybe utilized for a more extended period.
- You probably ask Are bamboo cups microwave safe? So, they do not microwave safe as they contain melamine, which may release some chemicals when exposed to high temperature.
- Bamboo coffee cups are single-walled because of which you may feel hotter when you brew hot coffee into it. but these cups make your coffee stay more alluring for a longer duration, up to 20 minutes.
- Bamboo coffee cup isn’t 100% leak-proof. You have to buy a special stopper stick separately because the coffee doesn’t spill out by chance.
What are the advantages of bamboo coffee mugs?
Even these drawbacks are there, but some pros make it more durable and reliable cups for any user than the cups.
- Look amazing. Bamboo coffee cups are versatile comes in different shapes and sizes. They give aesthetic looks and can be useful for casual as well as simple tableware. They are bright, vibrant, and have distinct patterns on them to make them a fantastic choice for you. It has zero wasters and competing for glass and steel looks because of the diversity of designs.
- They make a perfect present as they are also customized. It can be used as a gift for various entrepreneurs and business people to promote their business at a low and affordable price as a personalized gift to their employees and dealer. You can even use it as a powerful advertising tool while sending across the right environmental message.
- It is a cost-effective purchase. You can purchase it and save your money. It can last for years if you treat them nicely, and you can reuse them, but it needs to be of high quality. The prices of the cups vary depending upon the design, quality, and leakage prevention facility. Moreover, they are more attractive than steel cups and are cheaper than them.
- They are lightweight. You can carry these cups along with yourself anywhere, so it is a perfect coffee cup for traveling as it will not add any extra weight to your luggage. Moreover, it is 50% lighter than steel cups. So, staying an eco-friendly and lightweight object, they are ideal for traveling.
- Another fantastic feature of these cups is that they are BPA and phthalate-free. Apart from being environmentally friendly, they are healthier as well and are safer to use. Bamboo coffee cups contains anti-bacterial property, which they obtain from a bamboo tree as they have anti-bacterial substances. Moreover, there’s no risk or harm of the chemicals affecting your coffee’s taste.
- Bamboo cups are easy to get and fit into a car holder easily. Nowadays, you can purchase them from any retailer shop.