First and the foremost thing to do is that the user will be required to download the firmware update file from the downloads section of the Linksys website. Below is the detailed guide of updating the Linksys firmware through linksyssmartwifi.com.
- Now that you have downloaded the firmware update file from the Linksys portal,
- Open the web browser of your PC and enter the local web address of linksyssmartwifi.com and enter login user credentials.
- The default values for both the username and password are “admin”. The login credentials are case sensitive values.
- Once you are into the Linksys smart wifi setup interface, select the ADVANCED>Administration tab and then click the FIRMWARE UPDATE>UPDATE tabs.
- Then click the browse button to locate and select the update file for installing the updated firmware version on the router hardware.
- The Linksys firmware update process will be initiated itself and the process will be completed in a few minutes of the user’s time.
Important- It is very important to note that any type of core processes being done on the router shouldn’t be interrupted in any case. If any interruption occurs between any of the processes, it can lead to the firmware corruption and the device may even lose all the data stored in it. Thus making the device unusable.