The tech world has been moving at a tremendous pace ever since the inception of social media platforms. Almost everything that affects the world is posted, talked about, and even tweeted about. A new social media application gets developed every few months, which lifts the benchmark to a new high.
Social media platforms like Twitter have been on the rise and people use it for your education as well as entertainment purpose. The platform also offers you the option of finding your old tweets in case you need them to showcase some humor or just for the fun of it.
Given below are some of the ways that you can use to search for your tweets without any fuss. You can also use the same methods or at least some of them to search for someone else’s tweets too.
Ways to Help to Find Old Tweets
- Open your web browser and enter this link, https://twitter.com/search-advanced to visit the advanced search page of Twitter.
- Now you will need to enter your username under the subheading that says "people" into the field that says “from these accounts”.
- Next, you will need to select the start and end date from the “dates” field.
- All you have to do is press click and the platform of Twitter will show you the list of all the top tweets from that period.
- You can also see all of your tweets from that period simply by clicking on the “latest” option. That way the platform will show the list of all of your tweets from that period.
- In case you do not exactly remember the time at which you sent the tweet, you can try to search for the tweet by using these methods.
- By using some of the words that you remember.
- Through using the exact line of that tweet.
- By using all of the words that were in that tweet.
Steps to Find Old Tweets Using the Archive Feature of Twitter of Your Tweets
- Open your web browser and enter this link, https://twitter.com/settings/account to begin with.
- From the content tab, you will need to click on the “Request your archive” button.
- This process can take minutes, hours, and even days at times for the platform of Twitter to prepare your archive as it completely depends on how large the archive is. You will receive a push notification with a link, https://twitter.com/settings/account visit this link to click on the “download archive” from the “download your data” option.
- You need to keep in mind that your email address has been updated when the platform of Twitter is ready with the archive as the platform will also send you the link of the archive file on your email account.
- Once you get the link, you can download it in the form of a .zip file. There are two ways that you can view your .zip file and both of them are mentioned below;
- First, you can double-click on the index.html file. That way you can directly search for your tweet by opening the file in the browser itself, finding tweets by date.
- You can also try to open the tweets.csv file using the spreadsheet of your choice on your device as that way you can see a better view and can search for your tweet in a more detailed manner.
Use these methods to recover old tweets quite easily without any problems. You can also look for other paid methods in case carrying out the ones that are mentioned is getting a bit difficult for you.
For any further queries, you may visit the getassist.net website.