- Focused on user experience, Seen throughout from the homepage of their website to the site editor itself.
- Powerful drag & drop editor which is adaptable to your level of tech expertise and web development knowledge.
- Wix has an extensive list of elements allowing you to make changes, add or remove text boxes, lightboxes, buttons, videos and more – within a few clicks. Super intuitive interface.
- Experienced coders can fully customize their site according to their needs through Wix Code.
- Additional hosting and domain registry services are provided within the Wix platform, making it an all in one solution for website creation.
- Over 180 million users, from more than 80 countries use Wix to grow their business, for its outstanding simplicity and functionality.
- With over 70 categories Wix covers pretty much every type of business and answers every business owners needs
- Over 500 professionally designed templates, mapped by industry.
- There are one-pagers (landing pages) to fully structured templates.
- Wix templates are mobile friendly. Mobile versions adjusted by the editor and elements can be hidden and re-organized to optimize the look and feel.
- In addition to its readymade templates Wix offers a blank template that allows you to design and build your site from scratch.
- The majority of template categories are free, whilst some specific templates require upgraded packages.
- Switching templates can’t be done during the editing process. Choosing a new template forces the user to make adjustments and add content from scratch.
- Released in June 2016, Wix ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) feature empowers the web creation process. Based on a few simple questions (business name and type, required features, logo etc) it tailors unique design and relevant content (YES, you heard right) that matches the business needs.
- There are pros and cons when discussing Wix in terms of SEO. In 2016, a few critical fixes were made and Wix now covers all SEO capabilities that most standard websites need. On top of basic functionalities like editing web-page titles (text that appears as a label in your browser tab) and meta descriptions (appears on search engine results-page) here are some more advanced SEO capabilities WIX
- You can (and should) connect your site to Google Search Console.
- Wix has a mobile editor that lets you improve compatibility, affecting search ranking.
- Wix produces a site map .xml file which is used to help search engines identify key values. The file isn’t accessible and editable, but works fine for most websites.
- Search engines prioritize secured websites [with URLs beginning https]. Wix automatically issues an SSL certificate. This feature is highly valuable for eCommerce sites.
- Editing alt text is optional from the Wix Editor. This text helps search engines ‘read’ the images and index the site for relevant Google images.
- You can personalize URLs for your pages, but Wix adds a short string to blog post URLs.
- Canonical tags, allowing you tell the search engines how to prioritize each page, in case where a page has duplicate content across multiple URLs. However, this is a super advanced SEO feature most users won’t need.
Support and Knowledge Base
- Wix has a superior help center consisting of thousands of well written articles, covering the entire platform, in a whopping 9 different languages from Japanese to French and German.
- This site editor contains step by step walkthrough videos for nearly every feature and element.
- Wix Education (Wix Ed) YouTube channel has dozens of tutorials and product overview videos to make it easy to troubleshoot issues and learn the platform.
- Further assistance is available through email support by submitting a ticket, or by contacting its call center during business hours.
- This makes it super easy to request new features, by constantly monitoring recurring issues and collecting votes from users.
- Wix provides several pricing plans including its most popular Unlimited Plan.
- All plans are available on a monthly or yearly basis. Yearly subscriptions cost approximately 25% less per month and unlike monthly subscriptions include 1 year domain registry and vouchers (see below).
- Wix’s Premium Plans are well structured and vary from $5 connect domain to $24.5 VIP per year on a yearly basis.
- G Suite packages are offered for $5 per user per month.
- Upgrading your plan, as the business scales is always possible.
- Wix offers a free plan that comes with a branded strip in the bottom of the page.
Visit : Woocommerce Development Services.