It doesn’t matter if you are traveling on a domestic trip or vacationing to a foreign country; a preferred seat has to be your top priority. Flying comfortably with peace of mind eases the travel stress and makes it bearable for flyers to reach the final destination. Imagine sitting in the middle seat and your co-passengers getting up and making it difficult and uncomfortable for you. Therefore, you must choose your window or aisle seat in advance by paying an additional fee and make your trip experience seamless.
American Airlines is now the world’s largest airline serving domestic and international flights in nearly 50 countries. They believe in offering top-class services and maintaining a transparent relationship with its passengers. Anyone can make the best of their exclusive in-flight facilities and choose their preferred seats to enjoy a comfortable journey.
To make an online seat reservation, visit the airline’s official site, log into your account, and follow the step-by-step instructions under the manage my booking section. Once you have chosen your respective seat, it will ask you to pay an additional fee for making a seat assignment. You can even download the American Airlines free application on your smartphone and make your travel efficient by choosing preferred seats on the plane.
What are preferred seats?
Flyers are offered preferred seats on a few selected flights run and managed by American Airlines and its partner airlines, American Eagle, which also depends on the availability of the seats. The preferred seats are non-transferable, with validity given on the selected American Airlines reservations. The seat fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable. In case you have booked a flight at least two days before the flight departure and cancel within 24 hours of the initial booking, the airline will issue a full refund of the ticket as well as your pre-reserved seat.
What is the seat selection fee on American Airlines?
On American Airlines, flyers can make a seat assignment of their choice with a fee between $9 to $10 each way at the time of American Airlines reservations or flight check-in at the airport. The cost can be extra for extra legroom or seats in the main cabin. Otherwise, the airline assigns the seats randomly to the passengers who didn’t select their seats in advance for free at flight check-in.
Important Points on Seating Policy of American Airlines
Suppose you wish to choose preferred seats while making American Airlines reservations or hours before the scheduled flight departure. In that case, you will have to follow the essential guidelines as per the airline’s seating policy.
- If a family travels with children under 15 years of age and makes no advance seat reservation, the crew members will search for the best seat options before the scheduled flight departure. However, if the seats are not available in a row, they will try to book at least one seat next to your child.
- Flyers can do web check-in, beginning 24 hours up to 45 minutes before the scheduled flight departure and 90 minutes specifically for international flights. While you are checking in, you can select seats from the available options and fly with peace of mind.
- To do flight check-in at the airport, you must come early, at least 30 minutes before the scheduled flight departure and be at the gate; otherwise, you may lose your preferred seat.
- American Airlines reserve the right to change the selected seats for operational or security concerns.
- If passengers are found sitting in the wrong seats, they will be asked to move and sit on their respective seats.
How to reserve preferred seats online on American Airlines?
Anyone can make a pre- seat assignment of their choice online and offline, depending on your convenience. Here are the steps of choosing online seats before or after making American Airlines reservations.
- Head to the American Airlines official site and log into your account.
- You will see the Manage Trips option. Press it.
- Enter your last name and flight confirmation number.
- Your itinerary details will appear on the screen. Click on the continue button.
- Now click on the Choose seat option and choose the best seat from the available options.
- Once you have made the necessary changes and found your desired seat, come to the payment page by pressing the next button.
- Make an online payment through your convenient payment gateways.
- At last, you will get the confirmation mail regarding your selected seat.
If you face any complications while choosing an online seat at the time of making Southwest Airlines reservations, talk to a live person by dialing the customer care contact number. You can address your seat issue and ask him to find the best seat for your comfortable trip and book accordingly.